It’s a New Generation of Dancing
Square dancers burn up to 400 calories each 30 minutes of dancing. It’s aerobic exercise that also helps coordination, balance, endurance, and cardiac function and helps keep muscles toned and healthy. Learning the basic steps is as easy as walking.
It’s time to erase the old image you might have of square dancing from your school days or TV. Today’s dancing is done to great music from the best of modern music. Best of all, there are new people to meet, friends to make, events to attend. Square dancing is “Friendship set to music.” This is one of the best kept secrets in town. Open the door and let the great benefits they offer enhance your life.
• It’s fun!
• No prior dancing ability needed!
• It’s an aerobic, weight-bearing, calorie-burning activity!
• It forms lifelong friendships!
• It develops teamwork!
• It increases listening skills! (recommended by doctors to help maintain mental acuity)
• It’s economical! the most fun for the least dollar . . . anywhere
• It broadens your social life!
• It’s performed in healthy non-smoking/nondrinking environment!
• It’s multi-generational!